View a list version of the Registration Calendar here or select Academic & Registration Deadlines or the desired quarter (Fall Registration Deadlines, Winter Registration Deadlines, etc.) from the categories below.
Alcohol Use Disorder Treatment in Primary Care: Promoting effective strategies
Hosted by the Mid-Atlantic Association of Community Health Centers
- Date: 01/23/2020 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Introduction: Pharmacological treatment of alcohol use disorder is available but underutilized. Learn the prevalence and consequences of alcohol use disorder, screening as standard care, and steps for further assessment for those with the highest screening scores.
- Grasp the critical importance for addressing alcohol use in primary care
- Associate three levels of alcohol use disorder with diagnostic criteria
- Make informed decisions about alcohol-related pharmacotherapy for primary care patients
Presented by: Deborah S. Finnell, DNS, RN, CARN-AP, FAAN
Professor Emerita, Johns Hopkins School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Finnell is a registered nurse with decades of clinical practice in public, private, and federal health care settings treating persons with psychiatric disorders and substance use.