View a list version of the Registration Calendar here or select Academic & Registration Deadlines or the desired quarter (Fall Registration Deadlines, Winter Registration Deadlines, etc.) from the categories below.
Harm Reduction and Quality Improvement Approaches to Tobacco Cessation Webinar
Hosted by the National Behavioral Health Network (NBHN) and Montefiore Medical Center
- Date: 02/12/2020 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Introduction: Adults with behavioral health conditions smoke nearly 40% of all cigarettes, and research indicates that abstinence-based cessation programming is not effective for everyone, every time. Focusing on harm reduction has proven to be an effective pathway to cessation.
Join the National Behavioral Health Network (NBHN) and Montefiore Medical Center on Wednesday, February 12, 2-3 p.m. ET for a webinar exploring strategies to improve tobacco and substance use treatments and screenings, with presenters Henry Chung, M.D., senior medical director, and Michelle Blackmore, Ph.D., project director for care management.
Following the webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify and use evidence-based strategies to engage behavioral health populations with high rates of tobacco use.
- Understand the latest innovations and review a case example of applying harm reduction treatment methods in the field.
- Implement tools to integrate medication-supported behavioral interventions into care.
Presented by Henry Chung, M.D., senior medical director of behavioral integration strategy at Montefiore Care Management Organization and professor of psychiatry at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Michelle Blackmore, Ph.D., project director of care management organization at, Montefiore Medical Center.