Welcome to Whatcom's Cybersecurity Center. Whatcom Community College (WCC) has developed a Cybersecurity Center to provide access to Information Security and Information Assurance (IA) resources.
WCC is National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense
Confirming its stature as a national leader in cybersecurity education, Whatcom Community College was designated by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense 2-year education (CAE2Y) in 2014. Whatcom was among the first community colleges in the United States to earn this distinction, which recognizes colleges that are models of education and training in the information assurance field with curriculum mapped to the NSA’s latest requirements.
The College was initially named a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cybersecurity in 2011. This new designation, which extends through the 2021 academic year, follows an extensive review of Whatcom’s program by the NSA that confirms the curriculum meets stringent, new standards.
Please explore our website for resources and other cybersecurity information.
U.S. CERT Alerts
- AA20-014A: Critical Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows Operating Systems01/14/2020 11:46 am
- AA20-010A: Continued Exploitation of Pulse Secure VPN Vulnerability01/10/2020 5:45 am
- AA20-006A: Potential for Iranian Cyber Response to U.S. Military Strike in Baghdad01/06/2020 2:01 pm
- AA19-339A: Dridex Malware12/05/2019 8:13 am
- AA19-290A: Microsoft Ending Support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R210/17/2019 11:36 am
- AA19-168A: Microsoft Operating Systems BlueKeep Vulnerability06/17/2019 8:37 am
- AA19-122A: New Exploits for Unsecure SAP Systems05/02/2019 5:54 pm
- AA19-024A: DNS Infrastructure Hijacking Campaign01/24/2019 2:01 pm
- AA18-337A: SamSam Ransomware12/03/2018 10:18 am
- TA18-331A: 3ve – Major Online Ad Fraud Operation11/27/2018 11:09 am