Welcome to Whatcom's Cybersecurity Center. Whatcom Community College (WCC) has developed a Cybersecurity Center to provide access to Information Security and Information Assurance (IA) resources.
WCC is National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense
Confirming its stature as a national leader in cybersecurity education, Whatcom Community College was designated by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense 2-year education (CAE2Y) in 2014. Whatcom was among the first community colleges in the United States to earn this distinction, which recognizes colleges that are models of education and training in the information assurance field with curriculum mapped to the NSA’s latest requirements.
The College was initially named a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cybersecurity in 2011. This new designation, which extends through the 2021 academic year, follows an extensive review of Whatcom’s program by the NSA that confirms the curriculum meets stringent, new standards.
Please explore our website for resources and other cybersecurity information.
U.S. CERT Alerts
- AA20-183A: Defending Against Malicious Cyber Activity Originating from Tor 07/01/2020 8:00 pm
- AA20-182A: EINSTEIN Data Trends – 30-day Lookback 06/30/2020 9:34 am
- AA20-133A: Top 10 Routinely Exploited Vulnerabilities05/12/2020 8:00 am
- AA20-126A: APT Groups Target Healthcare and Essential Services05/05/2020 7:58 am
- AA20-120A: Microsoft Office 365 Security Recommendations 04/29/2020 9:41 am
- AA20-107A: Continued Threat Actor Exploitation Post Pulse Secure VPN Patching04/16/2020 8:21 am
- AA20-106A: Guidance on the North Korean Cyber Threat04/15/2020 7:31 am
- AA20-099A: COVID-19 Exploited by Malicious Cyber Actors04/08/2020 7:00 am
- AA20-073A: Enterprise VPN Security03/13/2020 7:08 am
- AA20-049A: Ransomware Impacting Pipeline Operations 02/18/2020 7:06 am