Depending on the requirements you meet, there are three different ways to place into your first math class at WCC.
- Use Academic Records
If you have a Whatcom County high school transcript from within the last 1-2 years, or a previous college transcript which includes math coursework, speak to an advisor to get placed appropriately. Recent Whatcom county high school students may also place into their WCC math class using high school transcripts. Please see an advisor for more information.
- Use a Previous Test Score
If you have a record of your score from having taken the Smarter Balanced exam, an AP or IB math exam, or CLEP math exam, speak to an advisor and get placed based on your score. Also, see more information about credit for prior learning.
- Guided Self-Placement
While the college is closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, traditional placement testing is not available. Please refer to the placement evidence section above.
What you need:
- Transcript showing the grade(s) for the full class
- Name of curriculum or book (i.e. Saxon Algebra 2), including the publication year
- What part(s)/chapter(s) of the curriculum/book were covered
- Send the above information to email@example.com. You will be informed of the placement after it has been determined. Students can challenge their placement with the Math Placement Test.