Why should you register for the Chuckanut Writers Conference?
- Study with some of the best writing faculty anywhere.
- Practice your craft in a supportive, collegiate setting.
- Learn valuable writing techniques and gain new insights.
- Interact in person with dynamic authors, literary agents, marketing experts, and fellow writers.
- Enhance your knowledge of the business of writing.
- Return home energized, inspired, and ready to write.
- Earn 10 clock hours if you’re a Washington State K-12 teacher for attending the entire conference (administrative fee applies). Additional clock hours are available for optional pre-conference master classes.
2020 Registration Rates
Early-Bird Registration Fee: $245, register by May 26, 2020
Registration Fee: $285, after May 26, 2020
Student Rate: $99, call 360.383.3200 for details.
What does my registration fee include?
- Entrance to Thursday night pre-conference special event
- All breakout sessions, panels, keynotes, etc. (see schedule) and free parking
- Faculty reading and reception
- Author book signings
- Open mic events in Fairhaven on Saturday night
- Contribution to the Chuckanut Writers Conference Scholarship Fund
What additional options can I register for?
- Pitch sessions with literary agents, which are $12 each. Register by Friday, June 12, 2020.
- Pre-conference master classes, which range from $79 to $99.
Who can register?
The conference is designed for writers who are 16 years or older.
How can I register?
There are four easy ways to register:
- ONLINE: Register online (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover). The online registration process may take a few moments to load; we appreciate your patience.
- PHONE: Call us at 360.383.3200 (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover).
- IN PERSON:Register in person at the WCC Foundation Building, Suite 101, open 9 AM to 5 PM (check, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover).
- MAIL or FAX: Print and mail your registration form to WCC Community & Continuing Education, 237 W. Kellogg Road, Bellingham, WA 98226 (check, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover). Download the form.
Can I get a refund?
Full refunds will be provided through May 1, 2020. Starting Saturday, May 2, 2020, all conference registration refunds will be subject to a $100 administrative fee. No refunds or credits will be issued after May 31, 2020. Registrations may be transferred to another attendee. To cancel or transfer your registration please call 360.383.3200.
What if I need access and disability services?
If you need access and disability services in order to fully participate in this event, contact Whatcom Community College Community & Continuing Education at 360.383.3200 or email conference planner Kaitlyn Teer at email@example.com by June 1, 2020.