TIPS FOR SUCCESS
WCC Community & Continuing Education’s Kids’ College and Teen Classes offer quality educational experiences designed to encourage creativity, develop skills, and instill a love of learning for all students. In order for everyone to have a productive and safe experience, we ask that you and your child review these tips for success.
- Classrooms will open 15 minutes prior to class start time on the first day and 10 minutes prior to class start time for remaining class sessions. Do not leave students unsupervised.
- Students must be signed in and out of class by an authorized parent or guardian each day of class.
- Students 11 years of age or older may come to class on their own if a Participant Sign-In/Sign-Out Permission Form is signed.
- Ensure your child comes to the first day of class with any required supplies or materials fees. These will be noted on your registration confirmation.
- Ensure your child is prepared for class by visiting the restroom prior to class start time.
- Make sure you arrive in time to pick up your child promptly and review our late pick-up policy in the FAQs below.
- Complete the online Kids' College Liability Release Form prior to the first day of class.
- Strive to be respectful of your classmates, instructors, and WCC staff.
- Ask for assistance when you need it. We’re here to help!
- Only use electronics when permitted.
- Bring your curiosity and prepare to have fun!
How do I register my child for a class?
You can call us at 360.383.3200 Monday – Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. to register your child. Beginning June 21, our office will close at noon on Fridays throughout the summer.
You may also register online. Be sure to register under your child’s name and date of birth, not your own. You must either create an account for your child, or use their existing account. You may create an account for your child when logged into your account by clicking “Enroll Someone Else.” You will then be prompted to enter an email address to associate with this account—you may use your own—and then fill out required demographic information before registering.
We also take fax, mail, and walk-in registrations. Visit our Register Now page for more information.
Why is there an age requirement?
All of our courses have been designed for the particular age group indicated to ensure a successful and positive experience for all students. We verify all ages prior to the first class.
What forms do I need to complete?
You are required to complete our online Liability Release and Emergency Medical Treatment Agreement prior to your child’s first class. One form may be completed for multiple classes. You will be required to list all classes your child is enrolled in.
If you elect to have your child (11 years and up only) arrive on their own, you will need to fill out the online Participant Sign-In/Sign-Out Permission Form.
How can I request accommodations due to a disability for my child?
If your child requires accommodations due to a disability, please give us a call at 360.383.3200. Please also note this accommodation when asked on the Liability Release and Emergency Medical Treatment Agreement.
Does Community & Continuing Education offer scholarships for classes?
Because our program is self-supporting and does not receive state funds, we are not able to offer scholarships at this time.
Where do I pick up and drop off my child?
Please escort your child to the classroom listed on your registration confirmation no earlier than 15 minutes on the first day of class. A campus map will be sent with your registration confirmation. Please note that some classes may meet at a different location on one of the class dates. Parents/guardians are required to sign in their child each day of class, and sign them out at the end of each class day.
Students ages 11 and up may arrive on their own if a parent/guardian has signed a Participant Sign-In/Sign-Out Permission Form. Please fill out our online form prior to your first class. Please escort your child on their first day of class. If you have any questions please call our office at 360.383.3200.
What is your food/drink policy?
Students are welcome to bring a snack and a drink with a capped lid to class, unless they are in Foundation 101J or Laidlaw 211 (computer labs). Only water bottles with a lid are allowed in Foundation 101J and Laidlaw 211; no other food or drink is allowed in the computer labs.
Do you provide a supervised lunch period between classes?
We do not offer a supervised lunch period between classes. We found that we had very little interest when we offered this option in the past. If your child is registered for a morning and an afternoon class, we expect a parent or guardian to pick up your child at the end of the morning class and check them into their next class at the specified start time.
Please take some time to review our Late Pick up Policy on the Liability Release Form you are required to fill out before class begins. Students 11 years of age or older may come to class on their own if a Participant Sign-In/Sign-Out Permission Form is signed.
Is there a lost and found?
If you feel your child has lost a belonging, please call our office at 360.383.3200 with a detailed description of the lost item. We recommend labeling all belongings. All unclaimed items will be donated after August 30.
What is your cancellation and refund policy?
- Full refunds will be issued to all participants if Community & Continuing Education must cancel a class due to low enrollment.
- To cancel a registration, please contact Community & Continuing Education at least 7 calendar days prior to the start of class. You will be issued a full refund.
- If you cancel a registration less than 7 calendar days prior to the class, you are entitled to a credit that you can apply towards any Community & Continuing Education class offered within six months of the date of credit less a $50 administrative fee (does not apply to classes with registration fee of less than $50). Please note: a credit voucher may not be exchanged for a cash refund.
- NO REFUNDS or CREDITS will be given for a class once it has started. Refunds based on special circumstances must be requested in writing and are not guaranteed.
- To cancel your registration, please give us a call at 360.383.3200.