Whatcom’s office administration certificate offers the technical, interpersonal and organizational skills needed to perform the full range of office duties required in the jobs of administrative assistant, office assistant, and payroll. Both manual and computerized systems are used.
The office administration-logistics certificate builds off of the general office administration certificate with specialized content for the front office professional in the area of imports, exports, logistics, and global trade.
The sustainable business leadership certificate of proficiency is ideal for business professionals who wish to become change agents for sustainability within their respective organizations or for students who have a sound business foundation.
The clerical assistant certificate of proficiency is specialized and may be utilized by employees currently working in office environments who would like to gain new skills. This certificate is also useful for entry-level positions for anyone who would like to enter the workforce quickly; credits can be applied toward the full office administration certificate or the associate of science in business administration degree for those who opt to continue their studies at a later date.
Upon successful completion of WCC's office administration certificate, graduates should be able to...
- Manage the front office environment.
- Collaborate with customers and employees.
- Manage scheduling of resources and people.
- Manage and organize data files and paper files.
- Use technology and software programs.
Office management - logistics
Upon successful completion of WCC's office administration - logistics certificate, graduates should be able to...
- Use terminology related to import, export, logistics and global trade.
- Manage the life cycle of logistics documents.
- Establish front office work related priorities, using decision making techniques.
- Explain the significance of cultural issues related to business and customer relationships.
- Apply professional ethics principles as they relate to the business of logistics.