- Completed original signed copy of;application form (Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to fill the form electronically)
- Original supporting financial document (less than 6 months old) showing a minimum of U.S. $20,458
- Non-refundable U.S. $50 application fee
- Check or money order made out to WCC
- Credit card payment through FlyWire payment portal
- Payment in person to WCC Cashier (Laidlaw Center)
- Photocopy of high school and college transcripts
- Photocopy of passport
- Essay stating career and academic goals (optional and recommended)
- Original financial documents such as bank statements from a checking or savings account must be less than 6 months old and show a minimum of U.S. $20,458.
- Documents must be on official bank letterhead.
- Sponsors outside your immediate family must provide a letter of support along with financial documents.
Transfer students (applicants studying in the U.S)
Please submit these additional forms
- Photocopy of I-20, I-94, and visa
- Whatcom Community College Transfer-in Form
English language proficiency requirements
Proof of English language proficiency is not required for admission to Whatcom Community College. New students without proof of English language proficiency will complete an English placement assessment during orientation.
Note: The corresponding proficiency test scores below guarantee placement into at least one academic/college level class or into English 101: Composition 1.
|English Proficiency Measure||
|TOEFL||minimum 61||minimum 70
(minimum 20 for writing)
|TOEFL ITP||minimum 500||
|IELTS||minimum 5.5||minimum 6.0
(no band lower than 5.5)
|SAT||minimum 460 in Reading and Writing
(A or O levels)
|minimum grade of C in English
| EdExcel IGCSE
(A or O levels)
||minimum grade of C in English|
|Pearson Test of English
| International Baccalaureate
|| minimum score of 5 in English A: Literature or English A: Language
Completion of grade 12 (or equivalent) in US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand
|Passing grade in English|