Financial Aid recipients can generally use their awards for studying abroad. Students are encouraged to contact Whatcom Community College's Financial Aid Office to learn more about financial aid options. If you have not applied for financial aid before, fill out your FAFSA form now. Even though you might not receive any financial aid at this point it is good to be in the system.
For financial aid questions in the context of Studying Abroad, please make an appointment with Kelly Bashaw, financial aid and academic programs advisor. Go to Entry & Advising office in LDC to make an appointment.
- The Washington State Community College Consortium for Study Abroad (WCCCSA) website www.wcccsa.com lists many scholarship websites.
- For example, the Gilman Scholarship offers up to $5,000 to students wanting to study abroad. Students need to be Pell Grant recipients to be able to apply. Up to date application deadlines are posted on Gilman website.
- The Anna Rosemary Harris Scholarship for Study Abroad through the Whatcom Community College Foundation. The 2019-2020 application deadline is Friday, June 28, 2019. Students need to submit the Preliminary Application for their program of choice before they can apply for the Anna Rosemary Harris scholarship! Contact the Study Abroad Office for more information.
- FEA scholarships: http://fundforeducationabroad.org/applicants/ Check the website for details about deadlines and application requirement
- A well-written, clear essay that addresses the reasons why you want to participate in a particular program and how you think you will benefit from it is essential for any scholarship application.