New Residence Hall Opening in Fall 2020!
The new Whatcom Community College Residence Hall, located off of Cordata Parkway and adjacent to the WTA bus station, offers Whatcom students the opportunity to live and engage on campus. The state-of-the-art residence hall is home to up to 240 students in a variety of apartment styles and includes plenty of community spaces for studying, meeting, and socializing.
The new space will offer residential facilities, programs, and services that enhance student learning and support student success. The diverse residential community offers interaction and communication with people from all over the world. Applications for the new residence hall are now open!
- Fully furnished units, including kitchens and smart TVs in each unit
- Laundry facility
- Wi-Fi access
- Community spaces on each floor for study sessions, group meetings, and to hang out with friends
- On site Residence Life programs, events, and activities
- Community kitchen
- Drug and alcohol free environment
- Free parking
- Local, regional, and international attractions nearby
- Front desk with mail and information services
- Equipment check-in/check-out
About the New Residence Hall
Residents and guests at WCC housing are held to the Whatcom Community College Code of Conduct. In addition to the Code of Conduct as well as federal, state, and local ordinances residents and guests at WCC housing are held accountable to the Residence Life policies as defined in the Residence Life Handbook. Residents are responsible for their guests.
All steps of the application process must be completed in order for your application to be considered:
- Complete the online application and pay the non-refundable $50 application fee. Payment can be made at the Cashier window in Laidlaw Center or by phone at 360.383.3363.
- Provide proof of ability to pay rent. Rent is charged quarterly and due at the beginning of each quarter. A financial aid award letter, bank statement or check stub are examples of documentation of proof of ability to pay. Please let us know if you have any concerns providing this information.
- Completed background check. The results of the background check may affect eligibility.
- Please include a photocopy of government-issued photo ID and proof of application fee paid.
- Accept placement offer by indicated deadline. Failure to meet this deadline may result in WCC moving down the waitlist and your application moving to the bottom of the list.
- Schedule a lease signing appointment. You will receive your keys and can move into your apartment upon signing your lease.
- We offer leases based on the academic schedule and residents have the option to sign a lease for one quarter or up to a year.
WCC housing abides by all local, state, and federal laws relevant to campus housing. WCC housing is a drug and alcohol free environment and does not discriminate in its programs and employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
All residents in WCC housing must be at least 18 years old or turning 18 within their first academic quarter of residency. All applicants under the age of 18 at the time of application submission must have a legal guardian sign the completed application. WCC housing residents must be students at Whatcom Community College, taking a minimum of 5 credits.
If an applicant is offered and accepts a room, the following fees are placed on the student account after move in:
- $250 (non-refundable) cleaning fee
- $250 (refundable security deposit)
Housing charges for the quarter and the charges above will be placed on your account upon move in and are due in full upon receipt of your rent invoice.
By submitting an application, the applicant acknowledges that WCC may complete a background check that could include (but may not be limited to):
- Criminal history, including arrests, charges, and convictions
- Conduct history for behavioral issues at Whatcom Community College.
WCC Housing is unable to offer housing to families, dependents, or pets of any residents. All rooms are currently single-occupancy and meant for only one resident.
Due to heavy demand for apartment accommodations, we may be full at the time you apply. If there are no current vacancies, applicants will be placed on a waitlist. When an apartment becomes available, Residence Life staff will notify the next eligible applicant on the waitlist.
Applicants will have a scheduled appointment to sign the lease agreement, and review critical information about their living space.
Current Residence Life apartments
Whatcom Community College has limited apartments in three local complexes to lease to both international and domestic (in-state and out-of-state) students. All are within two miles of campus, furnished and electricity is paid. Interested students can access our housing application using the link below. Application are processed in the order they are received.
Dates & deadlines
||SUMMER 2019||Fall 2019||Winter 2020||Spring 2020||Summer 2020|
|RL apartment application priority deadline||May 10||Aug. 9||Nov. 15||Feb. 21||May 15|
|Housing placements sent to domestic students||May 28||Aug. 26||Dec. 9||Mar. 9||June 1|
|Housing placements sent to international students||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Classes begin||June 24||Sept. 24||Jan. 8||Apr. 7||June 29|
|Classes end||Aug. 16||Dec. 13||Mar. 27||June 19||Aug. 21|
There are many apartment complexes located within walking distance from the College or close to a Whatcom Transit Authority bus line. The average rental costs for apartments near WCC can range in price from $800 per month for a studio apartment, to $1,100 for a two bedroom apartment. Generally, these apartments are not furnished and students are required to buy all household necessities. Please review Bellingham rental information for more information on housing options.
For information on additional housing options for international students, please visit the International Programs page.