If you are a future student, your first step is to apply for admission. Visit Apply Now! to learn how to get started at Whatcom in five easy steps. From there you will be given information on placement testing, advising and registration appointments, tuition and fees, and new student orientation. If you are a currently enrolled student, the advising and registration process occurs every quarter.
During this time of remote service provision, Advisors are available to you via phone or video conference appointment.
If you know who your advisor is and would like to schedule an appointment with them, click here to access Starfish and make an appointment with your advisor. You will find your advisor within Starfish by clicking on the network icon for your “success network.”
If you do not know who your advisor is, you are always welcome to call 360.383.3080 and someone will follow up with you to make an appointment with the appropriate person.
If you know what area of study you are pursuing, you are welcome to contact the corresponding advisor below to schedule with them.
- Associate in Arts & Sciences Direct Transfer with future major of humanities or education: Sharon Link
- Associates in Arts – Business Direct Transfer/Major Ready Pathway: Tyler Ciokiewicz
- Associate in Arts & Sciences Direct Transfer with future major of social sciences, healthcare, or mathematics: Jordan Keithley
- Associate in Arts – Music Direct Transfer/Major Ready Pathway: Sharon Link
- Associate in Arts & Sciences – Direct Transfer Computer Science: Tyler Ciokiewicz
- Bachelor of Applied Science – IT Networking Cybersecurity: Tyler Ciokiewicz
- Bachelor of Applied Science – Applied Business Management: Tyler Ciokiewicz
- Associate in Science: Jordan Keithley
- All Engineering: Jessica Larson
- Computer Information Systems; CIS – Network Administration; CIS – Technical Support; Associate in Arts & Sciences Cybersecurity: Tyler Ciokiewicz
- Accounting; Business Administration; Substance Use Disorder Professional; Criminal Justice; Criminal Justice – Computer Forensics; Early Childhood Education; Finance; Hospitality & Tourism Business Mgmt.; Massage Practitioner; Medical Assisting; Nursing; Office Administration; Paralegal Studies; Physical Therapy Assistant; retail Management; Visual Communications: Anthony Tatangelo
- Students seeking pre-requisites for a health degree at another institution: Kate Di Nitto
- Opportunity Grant Students: Kelly Bashaw
For Program Completion Plans:
- General: Kelly Bashaw
- Humanities and Education: Sharon Link
- Business degrees and majors, computer degrees and majors: Tyler Ciokiewicz
- Engineering degrees and majors: Jessica Larson
For Veteran Services:
All veteran students should contact Jarid Corbitt
Get an early start planning your next quarter! Call Advising & Career Services at 360.383.3080 to make an appointment or inquire about drop-in advising hours. In addition to the published quarterly class schedules, the following online resources are available on this website or MyWCC to help you stay on track to meet graduation requirements:
- Class Schedule Search: Use this online version of quarterly schedules to search classes either by department or course number.
- Starfish Degree Planner: Use this online tool to plan a class schedule that fits your life's schedule and ensure you graduate on time.
- Educational Planning: More information about developing a long-range educational plan and additional resources to help you succeed.
You are assigned a registration access date and time approximately two months before the quarter starts and will be notified by email. After email notifications have been sent, you can view your registration time by logging into your account on MyWCC. You will be able to register for classes approximately one month before the quarter begins if you applied by the deadline. Current students are automatically assigned a registration date, and students on academic probation are required to have an advisor signature in order to register each quarter.
You can register any time after your access date in person or online. Always plan your class schedule and meet with an advisor ahead of time to get the optimal schedule for meeting degree and graduation requirements.
Tuition and fees are due prior to the start of classes. Be sure to pay your tuition by the corresponding deadlines to avoid being dropped from your classes for non-payment. Check the Registration Calendar for specific dates.
Online and distance advising
Online and distance advising is intended primarily for students too far away to visit campus. Students planning to take classes for a transfer degree or a professional-technical degree or certificate such as nursing, physical therapist assistant and visual communications, can contact email@example.com.