Helping our students be successful is a team effort. Depending on your role within the institution, however, you will likely have very specific priorities and goals in mind when you think about how best to support your students. Starfish works with all members of our institution to address their specific needs. Overall, the vision of Starfish is to help students succeed and graduate. It is an easy to use tool with a great user interface that gives faculty, students, and staff the opportunity to connect on another level. This powerful retention tool has improved student persistence in community colleges across the country.
Where can I access Starfish?
By clicking the button right below that says WCC Starfish!
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Starfish.
Using the either Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge is known to cause issues.
You can also simply access your unique Starfish dashboard through your MyWCC account! Sign in with your WCC network username/password and you will find the login for Starfish under the “Advising” tab. You will need to use your WCC username/password for Starfish access.
Getting Started with Starfish
The mission of Starfish is to provide an easy tool to connect students to all the resources that Whatcom Community College has to offer. It also aims to connect you directly with your faculty and advisors, so that there are clearer means of communication to help support you throughout your time at Whatcom.
Starfish allows you to do the following things:
- Create a degree plan that you can work on with an advisor and refer to from anywhere you have access to internet
- Schedule meetings with a variety of services on campus and sometimes your instructors
- View any flags or kudos raised for you by instructors during our Early Alert progress surveys
- View your academic standing (International Students, visit International Programs staff to ask about your current academic standing)
What can I do with Starfish as a student at WCC?
- Setting Up Your Starfish Profile:
Get to know your Success Network:
- Build A Degree Plan:
What can I do with Starfish as an instructor at WCC?
- Set Up Your Profile:
- Set up Office Hours:
- Respond To Early Alert Surveys:
- Degree Planing with Students: