Learn about the advising process during each stage of your academic journey at Whatcom Community College
- Prospective students - Are you considering attending Whatcom Community College? Start here!
- Admitted but haven’t taken a class yet? - Information for newly enrolled students.
- Current students - Resources available for current students.
- University transfer students - Prepare for a successful transition to a four-year college or university.
- Professional/Technical Students
- Close to graduation? - For students nearing the end of their degree.
That’s OK! College is a great time to explore your options and we offer many resources to help explore both your educational and career goals. These include:
- Individual appointments with a Career Planner
- Professional career assessments
- Career related workshops and events (Career Fair).
- Career exploration
Visit the Career Services page for more information.
Whatcom Community College has several advising offices and faculty on campus to assist you with goal exploration, degree planning, and quarterly class selection.
Advisors are also knowledgeable about campus and community resources to help further your success within the classroom.
- To engage with students as whole persons, and honor each student’s unique life story
- To connect students to tools, opportunities, information and people so they can manage the college experience
- To engage students in academic exploration and development based on their assessments of strengths, interests, goals and enrichment opportunities
- To foster students' recognition of their power to take ownership of their choices so that each student can create and succeed in an academic plan that accords with their goals and values.