Spring Quarter 2020 Tuition and Fee Information
RCW 28B.15.0681 directs colleges to provide "state support" information to students available at the Washington State Board for Community and Technical College website at the following link: State Support of Higher Education Students. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
Resident tuition rates
- 1 to 10 credits $116.26 per each credit
- Each additional credit over 10 (credits 11-18) is $54.58 per credit
- Each credit from 19 and above is $98.93 per credit
Please see the Residency Requirements for information about how resident/non-resident classifications are determined and waivers of non-resident tuition differential.
Non-resident tuition rates
- 1 to 10 credits $294.13 per each credit
- Each additional credit over 10 (credits 11-18) is $61.83 per credit
- Each credit from 19 and above is $276.80 per credit
- International students should check the International Programs page for additional information on costs and payment
Please see the Residency Requirements page for information about how resident/non-resident classifications are determined and waivers of non-resident tuition differential.
Tuition for online courses & programs
For spring quarter 2020, all online courses at Whatcom Community College will be charged using the standard resident and non-resident tuition rates (listed above). While these courses are typically charged at a non-standard rate, the College has made this adjustment to benefit students due to COVID-19 impacts.
Tuition for self-support courses & programs
Some WCC courses are not "state support" and are charged at a non-standard rate set by Whatcom Community College. These courses include:
- All Massage Therapist program core courses: $220/credit (lab fees are inclusive) for both resident and non-resident students.
- Online Physical Therapist Assistant program credits which are charged at the Resident Tuition rates (for resident students), and at the Non-resident Tuition rates (for non-resident students) as listed above.
Tuition for Upper Division Courses
Resident and non-resident rates for upper division coursework for WCC’s bachelors programs are based on number of upper division credits taken by a student.
View the Parent Education page for more information.
Adult Basic Education (ABE) & English as Second Language (ESL)
In addition to standard charges, most students will pay the following fees:
- $6.32 per credit fee (up to 15 credits, or $94.80) for the Student Recreation Center (as approved by the ASWCC); this fee will not be assessed for spring quarter 2020.
- $3.50 per credit technology fee (up to 10 credits, or $35) to support technology access for students (as approved by ASWCC).
- $2.50 per credit fee (up to 10 credits, or $25) to support educational services for students (as approved by ASWCC).
- Quarterly fee of $20 for unlimited pre-paid access to WTA bus service using their Orca Card. (as approved by the ASWCC); this fee will not be assessed for spring quarter 2020.
Some specific courses may require additional fees. Some of these fees are listed below, but use the fee code key to identify those that may apply to certain courses.
Assessment placement testing fee: $25.00
- Study abroad classes (section SA): $25.00 per credit, in lieu of tuition (the credits for these classes are not included when calculating per credit tuition costs in the sample calculations above).
Science classes: $30 per class to support consumables and lab-specific materials and support.
Other classes (ceramics, printmaking, etc.) or programs (Nursing, Physical Therapist Assistant, etc.) may have additional fees for consumable supplies. Please see individual program web pages or contact the departments or programs for further information on additional fees.
Late enrollment fee: $50.00 per student. See registration calendar for late enrollment deadlines.
Selective entry programs: A $25 to $50 non-refundable application fee is required when applying to the Massage Practitioner, Medical Assisting, Nursing, Nursing Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant, and Visual Communications programs. See individual program web pages for details.
Payment of tuition
Tuition is due approximately three weeks before each quarter begins. Please refer to the Registration Calendar for specific dates.
Pay your tuition/fees online: Students may pay for tuition and fees with Visa or MasterCard online.
Tuition payment plans are also available. Learn more at: http://mycollegepaymentplan.com/wcc/.
Students unable to make payment by published due dates are dropped from unpaid classes.
- After that date, all tuition/fees for re-registrations are due the following Monday by close of business defined as:
- By 5:00 p.m. for in-person transactions
- By 9:30 p.m. for online payment transactions
- Beginning Monday of the calendar week the quarter starts, all tuition/fees are due daily by close of business.
- Students who do not meet payment deadlines are administratively withdrawn from some or all of their classes.
Pay tuition/fees with cash: Some students owing an amount after Financial Aid is applied on April 2, 2020 may want to pay with cash. In these cases, students should take the following steps:
- Confirm how much tuition and fees are owed by logging into https://mywcc.whatcom.edu/PaymentPortal/Login.aspx and select spring quarter 2020.
- Go to Peoples Bank – Cordata Branch drive-thru located at 4183 Meridian Street, Bellingham, WA 98226. The drive-thru is open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Let the teller know they would like to make a cash payment towards WCC tuition and fees. Students should provide their student ID number and the amount due.
- Upon completion of transaction, Peoples Bank will send the info to the WCC Business office to apply cash payment towards the student’s account.
Nonpayment: Pursuant to state law (RCW 28B.10.293 and RCW 19.16.500) any debts to the college will be increased by costs and expenses incurred in the collection of such debts.
Partial tuition waivers are available for the following qualified student categories:
- Seniors: To qualify you must be 60+ years of age and meet the Washington State residency requirements. You can take two face-two-face classes per quarter using the senior waiver (most online classes are not eligible). Classes are $5 per quarter when you use the waiver. You will not receive academic credit for classes paid for with the waiver. You can register for classes starting the first day of the quarter on a space available basis (you can not register for classes that are full or have a waitlist.) APPLY ONLINE to get a student number which you will need at the time of registration.
- Washington State employees: You can register for classes on the third day of the quarter on a space available basis (you can not register for classes that are full or have a waitlist.) APPLY ONLINE to get a student number which you will need at the time of registration. State Employee Waiver Application
- Non-residents with refugee/asylee immigration status: No application required. Eligibility determined at time of admission.
- Certain children/spouses of eligible veterans/national guard members who, while engaged in active federal military/naval service, became disabled, deceased, or were declared POW/MIA by the federal government. Both the student and the eligible veteran must have WA State domiciliary. Veteran's Child/Spouse Waiver application.
- Certain non-residents who are US citizens or have permanent resident immigration status and meet additional eligibility criteria. Residence Checklist/Application for Non-Resident Waiver.
Refunds of tuition
Please refer the quarterly Registration Calendar for withdrawal and refund deadlines. Refund dates for classes with non-standard start/end dates may be prorated based on the length of the class. Students who stop attending without officially withdrawing will forfeit all claims to credits in classes and refund of tuition and fees. Information about exceptions to the college's refund policy, based on medical emergencies or call to active military duty, can be found in the current catalog.Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about tuition rates and available waiver programs.