Faculty and staff may access the WCC network on and off campus by following the below instructions. If you have questions, please contact the helpdesk at email@example.com or by calling 360.383.3420
On campus network access
- Staff intranet - Open an internet browser and use the address http://fidalgo/
- Email - Open the Outlook application from your computer
Off campus network access
Installing the VMware Horizon View software on your home computer allows you to connect to the WCC network servers while off campus. Connecting to the server gives you access to a campus computer with the programs below and your My Documents folder from off campus. This is the best experience for most users; most software and resources should be the same as if you were at your office.
- Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note, Outlook, Publisher)
- Your Outlook Mailbox (Inbox, Calendar, Contacts)
- Personal folders (PST)
- My Documents folder
- Network folders: Burrows, Center Class folders
Please contact the helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org 360.383.3420 for information or help installing this software.
Off campus staff intranet website
Note that access from off campus is limited, some functionality does not work properly to include file access and forms. Staff intranet off campus access
Frequently Asked Questions
- I have more than one home computer. Can I install the VMware Horizon View Client on each of my home computers? Yes, but you can only have one session open at a time.
- Can I print from my VMware client to my wireless printer or networked printer? No, you can only print remotely if your printer is connected to your computer via USB.
- My home computer is running an old operating system. Do I have to install a new version of Windows or Apple OS? No, VMware Horizon View will run on most Windows, Apple OS, Android, or Linux versions. Install it on desktops, laptops, tablets, and phones.
- I use specific software in my classroom that is not included in the applications listed. How can I access the software?
If you need an application, look to see if it’s installed already, if not please contact the Helpdesk to determine its availability.