Academic Year Services (September – June)
During the academic year Upward Bound staff works alongside key partners to ensure students finish high school and transition to college. Academic coaching offered on campus at target schools increases understanding of college admissions, financial aid, and supports development of a collage access and success plan. WCC's Upward Bound program uses a Whole Student Advising Model to support students in building agency as capable and knowledgeable students.
The Whole Student
Here is an overview of services provided
- A dedicated advisor coaches students in building on personal strengths by co-creating a personalized college access and success plan.
- In monthly workshops (10x per year) students explore personal strengths and career interests, prepare college applications, understand how pay for college, and more.
- Weekly after school tutoring supports academic achievement and preparation.
- Juniors attend a Spring Break Campus Visit Tour.
- Complete college and financial aid/scholarship applications prior to the end of senior year.
We work closely with the following partners: