WCC's physical campus is closed, online services and learning continue. Stay healthy, stay informed. Find information, resources and how we're handling COVID-19 at

Credits that you have earned from another institution could apply toward a degree or certificate at Whatcom Community College (WCC). See “How to Transfer Credits” below. Transcripts only need to be evaluated if you plan on receiving a degree or certificate from WCC. If you do not plan to receive a degree or certificate from WCC work with an advisor to review your unofficial transcripts (see #3 below).

How to transfer credits

  1. Request official transcripts* from your previous colleges(s) to be sent to:
    Admissions & Registration
    Whatcom Community College
    237 West Kellogg Road
    Bellingham, WA 98226
    *Note: This includes AP, CLEP, and IB
  2. Submit a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form to Whatcom's Registration & Student Records Office. Transcripts from previous colleges are not automatically evaluated when received. Evaluations are started only after all transcripts listed on the request have been received. Due to the high volumes of requests, transcript evaluations take 6-8 weeks to process from the time all documents are received.
  3. You don't have to wait until your transcript has been evaluated before seeking help with academic planning or selecting courses for your schedule. Bring your unofficial copy of transcripts to Entry & Advising, LDC 116 or (360)383-3080, and meet with an advisor prior to the evaluation. Unofficial copies can be requested from the sending college or you may be able to print one from the college’s website.
  4. When you receive the evaluation make an individual appointment with Entry & Advising in Laidlaw Center 116 to see how your credits apply toward your degree/certificate.
  5. Learn more about How Credits are Reviewed and Evaluated by the Credential Evaluators.


Students who earned credit through AP, CLEP, and IB can also be granted credit toward a degree or certificate at WCC if they meet the subject and score criteria. Credit granted is considered transferred-in credit and is posted on the student's academic transcript at the time of graduation. To see score and equivalencies go to the Credit for Prior Learning page.

Advanced Placement (AP) - The Advanced Placement program consists of college-level courses and exams for high school students.

College Level Examination Program (CLEP) – The College Level Examination Program is a nationally standardized general and subject exams program that are scored for college credit.

International Baccalaureate (IB) - The International Baccalaureate program consists of college-level courses and exams for high school students. 

Military Credit Evaluation (MCE)

Military Training Courses – Students with military training can earn credit for military courses and/or experiences. For further information go to the Veterans Services.

Credit for Prior Learning

In some instances learning acquired through significant college level experience in employment, self-study, training, volunteering and travel can be evaluated for credit. Visit the Credit for Prior Learning page for more information

Reciprocity Agreement for Transferring Credits

If you have fulfilled a specific course requirement or entire area of a degree requirement at another Washington State Community or Technical College then you might meet those same degree requirements at WCC.

To initiate a review process you need to provide all necessary documentation demonstrating you completed a specific degree requirement at another Washington State community college to Whatcom. The course review is subject to WCC’s catalog agreement and you must complete the minimum number of credits required to earn a WCC degree.

If you think you might have courses that qualify, ask your advisor to assist you with this process.