Open Space is your opportunity to connect with pod leaders outside of New Student Orientation. Pod leaders are WCC's peer mentors, navigators, and ambassadors on campus. They're students just like you, and they're here to support you as you find your way, learn, grow, and thrive at Whatcom Community College.
The goal of Open Space is to provide a space to reflect, ask questions, access resources, and develop strategies to be successful students. Pod leaders facilitate conversations around the following topics:
- managing time
- creating balance between various responsibilities
- budgeting and connecting to financial aid resources
- getting organized
- stress management
- reflection and understanding yourself and others
- registration and planning support
- online registration support
- and more!
Open Space is also an opportunity for you to learn how to register online, understand the basics of your degree or certificate, and learn to schedule a degree planning meeting with your academic advisor during your first academic year. We hope you'll visit us soon!