Summer Quarter 2020, the Writing Center is available to work with you online
- Zoom: Access us through the Learning Center Canvas:
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday - Thursday
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM Sunday
- Email: Ask a question or send us your writing, firstname.lastname@example.org
Both by Zoom and email, we are available to...
- answer questions
- think through your ideas with you
- read and respond to your writing project
- look at an assignment with you
- talk with you about rhetorical situations, about what goes behind the scenes when we write
- talk with you about options for using your languages and experiences
- speak Spanish with you
- help you figure out Canvas
- work with you on MLA/APA & using and citing sources
- give feedback about your resume and job or college application
- share resources
- help with study and reading techniques
- and more
Let us know what you need!
Our mission statement
The Writing Center serves Whatcom students who are writing for classes and for job and college applications. In the center, readers and writers talk—about an assignment, possible topics, the writer’s views and experiences, how to get started, how to cite sources, any subject related to a project. The writer’s goals and interests determine the direction any session will take, and their knowledge, languages, and experiences will be its foundation; the reader’s role is to assist as the writer explores their ideas and options. The readers on staff are curious, active, friendly, multilingual students who enjoy working and talking with others. We participate in ongoing staff education, are Writing Center users ourselves, regularly update our knowledge of WCC and online resources, and continually reflect on our interactions with writers. In the Writing Center, we work to create a collaborative, safe, intellectually-stimulating environment that welcomes students' views and voices and supports energetic, genuine student scholarship.